Sr Scientist I, Immuno-Oncology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie’s Immuno-oncology team is expanding and is hiring a Scientist II/ Sr. Scientist l to join our Immuno-oncology group. The Scientist II/ Sr. Scientist l, Immuno-Oncology will join our dynamic team focusing on T cells and tumor microenvironment and work with the team of scientists to identify and evaluate novel targets in the field of cancer immunotherapy and contribute to the growing discovery pipeline. The Scientist II/ Sr. Scientist l will need to have a solid understanding of immunology and cancer biology. The successful candidate will develop productive collaborations and communications with other groups across scientific disciplines and will be motivated to innovate and succeed in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Culture immune and cancer cells and perform protein- and cell-based assays to support multiple cancer drug discovery programs simultaneously.
- Work with supervisors to creates new experimental assays and take the leading role in incorporating new technologies to address critical project needs.
- Critically analyze/interpret data, accurately document, and promptly communicate the results.
- Independently design and execute studies within timelines to help achieve milestone decisions; understands project goals and modifies experimental plans to respond.
- Develop and deliver scientific reports in the form of oral presentation and writing.
- Critically evaluate emerging scientific literature and participate in scientific meetings. Stays current with and adopts new technologies.
- Scientist II: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education with typically 7+ years of experience or a Master's Degree (or equivalent education) 5+ years of experience.
- Sr. Scientist l: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 8 years of experience, or a PhD.
- Strong knowledge and technical expertise in immunology and oncology research with demonstrated ability to perform and develop in vitro/ex-vivo assays.
- Technical skills include isolation and culturing of T cells and cancer cells, MLR (mixed lymphocyte reaction), T cell activation and proliferation assays, CRISPRi, immunoblotting, MSD, Luminex, high content imaging, reporter assay, etc.
- Strong technical skills in performing multiparameter flow cytometry and analyzing the data
- Work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously under fixed timelines. Contribute on various projects outside of his/her own and collaborate with partners from all relevant functions.
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of technical reports, prepare clear and concise summaries of their data and present to the project team.
- Proactively support the team by being a team player and foster strong cross-team and cross-functional collaborations
- Should be willing to adapt to learn new science concepts and techniques and apply knowledge to new targets and research fields.
- Maintain detailed and organized experimental records and stay compliant on all relevant internal training requirements
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.