AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Research Microbiologist - S379
This role is responsible for supporting the microbiology QC lab by writing, reviewing, verifying, and approving microbiological test method validation protocols to determine conformance with protocol design or product specifications. This typically involves interfacing with different AbbVie functions across various sites globally associated with CMC activities and commercial manufacturing.
- Designs and authors more complex test method validations to support R&D CMC phases, S&T, and product/material release with minimal guidance.
- Implements and maintains cGMP with respect to laboratory records, procedures, and systems in accordance with procedural requirements and maintains a safe working environment.
- Reviews, verifies, and approves data generated by others to determine conformance with protocol design or product specifications.
- Manages laboratory projects and generates project reports. Interacts directly with R&D and S&T professionals, and support groups to meet business objectives.
- Authors validation and study documents. Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents; writes independently; reviews and edits the writing of others. Writes/revises test method procedures as necessary and provides support for department.
- Assures experimental quality through sound experimental design; assists in the design of experiments for others.
- Assists in troubleshooting assays.
- Based upon their GMP/procedural knowledge, recognizes exception events and is able to initiate the exception process to ensure proper remedial action is taken.
- May supervise other technical personnel. Can train other laboratory personnel on any technique currently held in their training matrix.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Medical Technology or an equivalent science degree. Master’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 5-8 years of related work experience. Proficient in Microbiology principles and techniques.
- Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.