Senior Scientist I/II, Immuno-Oncology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is at the forefront of cancer research, discovering and developing the next generation of treatments to address unmet medical need for cancer patients. Our strong pipeline includes both small molecule and biologic therapeutic approaches with first in class agents that target multiple pathways central to the growth and survival of both solid and hematological malignancies.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist with a proven track record of research accomplishments to join our growing cancer research organization. The scientist will be part of a team dedicated to discovering and validating novel cancer targets and developing early and late stage discovery programs in the field of Immuno-Oncology.
- Independently conceive and execute hypothesis driven research projects in the field of Immuno-Oncology
- Develop innovative in vivo/ ex vivo/ in vitro assays/ analyses to interrogate the function of immune and tumor cell populations and their interaction
- Interact with cross-functional teams to establish productive collaborations within and outside of AbbVie
- Train and guide colleagues in established methodology, troubleshooting of assays, and in the development of novel techniques
- Make strong contributions to the research team’s short- and long-term scientific strategies
- Develop compelling scientific presentations and reports for internal review meetings, and external collaborators, scientific conferences and peer-reviewed journals
Position will be hired based on level of education and experience.
- PhD in Cancer Research, Immunology, or related field with typically 0-4+ years of post-graduate experience
- Demonstrated track record of scientific achievement (i.e., strong publication and/or patent record)
- Extensive laboratory experience in Immunology/Oncology with a high degree of expertise in innate and adaptive immune cell biology and signaling, and tumor/immune cell interactions
- Ability to develop novel assays and cellular models for the interrogation of Immuno-Oncology biology; proficiency in standard biochemical, cellular and molecular techniques
- Experienced in training and mentoring junior scientists
- Highly developed communication skills and keen ability to engage internal and external team members in collaborative research
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
- Enthusiasm and passion for conceiving and executing innovative scientific research
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Steps up and takes leadership to own toughest challenges
- Persistent and resilient when confronted with obstacles – finds the way.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.