We are currently searching for a DevOps Engineer to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison between the infrastructure platform team and the application development team (technical leads and software engineers) to identify and design topologies for custom business and scientific applications in AWS as part of our container PaaS or as an IaaS solution.
- Provide guidance for adhering to best practices for optimal and secure use of cloud technologies.
- Assist development teams in migrating their products from on-prem infrastructure to AWS, which often requires refactoring application architecture and breaking down monolithic applications into micro-service architecture or serverless workloads.
- Train product teams in technologies and frameworks to assist them in setting up the environment, build and deploy applications, and automate operational needs.
- Work with other Cloud Solutions Engineers or independently develop prototypes and enhance or expand fundamental capabilities offered in the PaaS, such as CI/CD, infrastructure as code, and containerized or serverless workloads.
- Occasionally present to your team or our software developer colleagues on DevOps best practices, new and interesting cloud technologies, and ways you approached and solved challenging technical issues.
- BA/BS or equivalent and eight years related experience or an MS and six years’ experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with AWS, including knowledge of commonly used AWS services, such as CloudFormation, IAM, VPC, S3, EC2, CloudWatch and CloudTrail, Route 53, RDS, SSM, and Lambda. Experience with AWS Organizations, Guard Duty, Elasticsearch, and Kinesis is a plus.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code frameworks such as Terraform or CloudFormation includes writing templates and modules from scratch and experience with configuration management frameworks, such as Puppet, Ansible, or Chef.
- Knowledge of Docker and hands-on experience in containerizing software applications; experience working with container orchestration and deployment platforms, such as Kubernetes, AWS EKS, or AWS ECS.
- Experience with implementing and managing CI/CD workflows using Jenkins, GitHub Actions, AWS CodeBuild, GoCD, or similar tools.
- Experience using and managing Linux distributions, including RedHat, Centos, Debian, Ubuntu, or CoreOS/Flatcar.
- Experience analyzing solutions components, understanding systems integration challenges, and identifying technology gaps in current components that must be resolved to reach future performance targets and functionality requirements in cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible, or Chef is a plus.
- Ability to clearly present ideas to both technical and non-technical users and staff to further the adoption of DevOps.
- AWS Solutions Architect certification is strongly preferred.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.