We are currently searching for a Formulation Scientist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with a project team for the evaluation and development of stable formulations in the liquid or frozen state (project dependent) for the vaccine candidates, including the following subtasks:
- Work with the Director of Formulation, Project Management, and Functional Leads from other process teams to develop a formulation development plan, including timeline, that is dictated by the specific product TPP and project requirements.
- Design fit-for-purpose formulation and stability studies.
- Oversee the technical execution of those studies, and personally execute studies as needed.
- Analyze, collate and interpret study data (directly and that analyzed by team members) based on technical expertise, previous project experience, organization knowledge and accepted scientific field literature.
- Develop and execute assays for biological product characterization, formulation development and stability testing of recombinant protein-based vaccines, proteinaceous nanoparticles, and virus-like particles.
- Analyze, interpret and present data in small group, department and conference settings.
- Write and review technical reports and protocols documenting formulation, stability and method development studies.
- Contribute directly to regulatory filings in collaboration with others
- Provide strategic guidance and technical instruction, including in method and study deign theory.
- Work in collaboration with personnel to generate and complete professional development goals.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for one or more analytical and/or theoretical areas relevant to formulation development.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or a related discipline. Minimum two (2) years of industry, government or equivalent experience in protein or vaccine formulation, stability, characterization, or a related field (post-doctoral experience can apply).
- OR (a) M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or a related discipline, with a minimum of eight (8+) years combination industry, government, and/or academic experience in protein formulation and/or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of protein and/or polymer chemistry theory.
- Strong understanding of biophysical and bioanalytical properties of proteins and relevant analytical techniques.
- Strong experience with hands-on analysis and data interpretation using protein/polymer spectroscopic, calorimetric or particle sizing techniques (e.g., UV-Vis, Fluorescence, Circular Dichroism spectroscopy, DLS, HIAC, DSC, etc.)
- Proficiency with one or more data analysis software platforms (e.g., Excel, Prism, SigmaPlot, etc.).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Time management skills to enable work on multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.