Associate Scientist, Cell Culture Development
We are currently searching for an Associate Scientist, Cell Culture Development to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform development studies of cell culture processes, under supervision, for clinical vaccine or therapeutic candidates and support tech transfer for clinical material generation for the program.
- The vaccine candidates may include viral vaccines, recombinant proteins and/or virus-like particles, or monoclonal antibodies. The cell culture processes may include process development and scale up mediated by microbial (bacterial, yeast) and mammalian cell expression systems.
- Capture results in lab notebooks and contribute (by authoring or reviewing) technical documents such as Process Descriptions, SOPs, and Technical Reports
- Operate bioreactors (set-up, batch, monitor, harvest, and break-down) other cell culture equipment (e.g., metabolite analyzers)
- Participate in project and laboratory meetings, keep current with compliance obligations, and have shared responsibility for maintenance of common laboratory equipment and designated areas.
- B.S. degree in a Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, BioEngineering, or other life sciences is required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in mammalian and/or microbial cell culture development is required.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.