Senior Associate IS Engineer
Amgen is seeking for a Sr Associate (IS) Engineer who will serve at a domain expert (SME) level within the Global Infrastructure Services team supporting with accountability for all UNIX administration related activities while leading various toolsets for Operating System Administration, Performance, Reporting, and monitoring needs in a 24x7 regulated environment!! The incumbent will design and implement enterprise UNIX server solutions that meet business requirements that are in line with defined strategies, compliance requirements, and fiscal guidelines.
The Sr Associate IS Engineer will collaborate with the Senior Manager Information Systems based at our Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. The Global Infrastructure Services team is the global enterprise administration group that manages physical and virtual hosting including private and public cloud hosting options, operating systems, databases, middleware, storage, and backup. The primary UNIX platform supported by this group is RHEL with a smaller footprint of Ubuntu.
Key Responsibilities for the Sr Associate IS Admin UNIX include:
- Supports the Service Owner, full time employees, and managed service provider in the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of the technology service
- Manages and administers Unix Systems, and related services and monitoring systems
- Makes decisions that align with the architecture roadmap for Linux.
- Provides technical support for projects and operational support as required including installations, Operating System upgrades, backup/recovery, and high availability configurations
- Ensures that systems are maintained with necessary security patches, implemented and configured properly to ensure ongoing system security
- Implements server automation solutions and enterprise-wide scripts using tools such as Ansible
- Provides performance analysis and tune systems while utilizing software and hardware tools to identify, analyze, and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting performance.
- Investigates and resolves server related technical issues providing rotational 24x7 On-Call Support at the SME level and assist/lead Root Cause Analysis reviews
- Accountable for all audit and security compliance issues (Amgen and government regulations) related to Unix platforms
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Information Systems and UNIX admin experienceOR
Associates degree and 6 years of Information Systems and UNIX admin experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems and UNIX admin experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of DevOps principles, Site Reliability Engineering, Agile, GitOps and CICD
- System Administration with automation knowledge using tools such as Ansible, Chef/Puppet, Jenkins and git.
- Industry Certifications and experience with Linux and clustering such as Veritas Infoscale and Pacemaker.
- Experience with one of leading cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or Google
- Solid understanding of operating system and network tools for solving problems performance issues
- Strong working knowledge on NAS/SAN storage, Clustering and HA configurations
- Excellent data-driven problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrable experience as part of a high performance team
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and demonstrates its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and spectacularly improve peoples lives!! A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.