Sr. Associate IS Business Analyst - Enterprise Architecture
This role is a part of the OCIO Enterprise Architecture team. At Enterprise Architecture, we are technology strategic thought leaders, helping to drive Amgens digital innovation ambitions. We align technology strategies to business imperatives, optimize the value of our technology investments and govern IT architecture standards and practices across the data, application, integration and infrastructure layers; creating value for our staff, our business partners, our shareholders and most importantly our patients. As the stewards of the CIO information technology strategy (aka City Planning), we are at the forefront of digital innovation acceleration for Amgens manufacturing, commercial, drug research, clinical development and shared services organizations. Our thought leadership drives the awareness, education and implementation of City Planning principles and practices across our global technology communities, advancing Amgens position as a biopharma industry leader.
This role is a great opportunity for an IT professional to gain a broader understanding of Amgens global IT organization, form relationships with technology and project delivery experts across all functions, understand how we leverage our technology ecosystem to address business needs and exercise their analytical, organizational and operational muscles. This role also provides excellent career visibility opportunities for presenting to leadership and valuable communication skills across many working styles. In this role, the Enterprise Architecture Business Analyst will be accountable for coordination, management, records and facilitation of the Enterprise Architecture Review Board (EARB), management of Enterprise Architecture/City Planning technical libraries and supports the Enterprise Architecture Senior Manager with task and backlog management for the EA team.
Key Activities for Role include:
- Managing and organizing architecture review boards (includes the intake, processing and dissemination procedures)
- Monitoring and tracking of internal board review outcomes.
- Effective and regular communication with Enterprise Architects, IS Architecture community, IS Professionals, leadership and peers.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture Engagement Manager to communicate relevant information, decisions and outcomes of EARB meetings.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture Data Scientist to realize metrics, analytics and reporting.
- Scrum Master role for any product team related activities
- Work closely with OCIO ILM Funding Manager to align incoming projects, products, technologies and platforms with funding process as needed.
- Upkeep of the City Planning Libraries requires close communication with Enterprise Architects and thoughtful communication to correct audience.
- Domestic travel up to 10% may be required in the future.
- Masters degree and 1 year of experience
- Bachelors degree and 3 years of experience
- Associates degree and 8 years of experience
- High school diploma /GED and 10 years of experience
- Experience in Fortune 500, global companies.
- Experience working in agile methodologies, including Scrum Product Teams and Product Development models.
- Experience and interest in serving as a Scrum Master
- Experience leading, designing and implementing business processes and change agent networks.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, and execute approval process for new technology, products and programs.
- Experience communicating with technical colleagues, directing conversations and keeping teams on task.
- Ability to effectively communicate with leadership and with peers
- Ability to self-start and effectively operate within a complex and dynamic environment.
- Required strong writing skills to write, prioritize and communicate internally relevant information
- Experience working with ServiceNow, Microsoft Office Suite, Jira (including Teams and Yammer), Miro, Webex, SharePoint and Confluence are suggested.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.