Grad Co-op - R&D (Functional Transformation)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Co-op - R&D Functional Transformation
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this program, you will support critical change initiatives for the Research and Development (R&D) organization. R&D Transformation partners with R&D leadership and subject matter experts to diagnose pain points, co-create solutions and successfully execute the highest priority efforts to enable growth and productivity across R&D. You will be assigned to projects to learn about key areas of R&D Transformation including strategy, capability building, technology and process improvements, acquisitions and collaborations, and change management.
Support project liaisons and cross-functional initiatives with R&D experts and project teams to solve business problems across a portfolio of R&D projects
Provide support by learning and applying Amgen Transformation methodologies appropriate for the project objective, including Agile, Change Management, Solution Development, Implementation and Sustainment, Workshop Facilitation, and Continuous Improvement
Support project team leaders, liaisons, and R&D leadership to identify solutions, build business cases, generate plans, and deliver results by managing/coordinating project timelines, deliverables, meetings, and tracking action items
Proactively communicate and facilitate critical business decisions with project stakeholders
Manage risk and remove roadblocks, and ensure delivery of high-quality results
Adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-moving and often ambiguous environment
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic individual we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
18 years or older
Currently enrolled in a full time Bachelors Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
Enrolled in a full time Bachelors degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Pursuing a masters degree in Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or related STEM fields, or Finance, Economics, and Business Administration and Management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective interaction with a variety of communication and working styles
- Organizational skills and attention to details
- Project management experience
- Strong curiosity and desire to learn and contribute
- Self-driven, initiative to proactively drive improvements and efficiency
- Proficient with MS Office tools (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, MS Teams, & Outlook)
- PhD candidates who have passed qualifying exams and are within ~18 month for graduation
Some of the vast rewards of working here
- As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience, and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for a programthat defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.