Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Analytical Development
Arcellx is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
The responsibilities of this role will be to execute analytical methods for the analysis of CAR T cells. The successful applicant will be involved in characterization of CAR T cells and will perform experiments to support new product development and IND-enabling activities. Candidate is also expected to write summary reports.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support analytical development of CAR T assays by designing, executing, and analyzing laboratory experiments.
- Design multicolor panels for flow cytometry analysis of CAR T cells
- Characterize CAR T cells by multicolor flow cytometry and assess their functions using cell-based assays.
- Work closely with scientists to perform experiments to support Analytical development of CAR T cells in vitro.
- Generate and collect data and communicate the results effectively to peers.
- Writing and revising SOPs
- Collaborate with other team members as needed to advance our immunology programs.
- Attend and present data at laboratory team meetings.
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notebook and documentation.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment.
- Participate in management of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Research Associate I/II: BS in Biology or Biology related discipline with 0-2 yrs of relevant experience or MS
- Senior Research Associate: BS in Biology or Biology related discipline with 5+ yrs of relevant experience or MS with 3+ yrs relevant experience
- Experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Good understanding of mammalian cell culture and proficient in aseptic technique
- Experience with Immunoassay (ELISA, cytokine production)
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry
- Must have strong organizational skills and an ability to handle track and execute multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated, with willingness to acquire new skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Detail oriented, good documentation practices, technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills and be an independent and creative thinker.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to work with teams in different functions and organizations.
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.