Technical Product Owner
- HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will have broad responsibility to develop and lead Informatics strategy and to guide a hardworking, multi-site team for its execution.
The Omics Product Team closely works with and supports Amgens R&D Molecular and Computational Biologists in identifying new drug targets, validating them for specificity and characterizing drug induced molecular changes in tissues. The team coordinates development and advancement of IT solutions and analytical data pipelines for Genomics (GWAS, BulkRNASeq etc), Transcriptomics (SingleCell RNASeq), and Proteomics. The Omics Product team is an integral part of Amgens R&D Informatics (R&DI) organization supporting Amgens scientific pipeline.
The R&DI team partners with R&D teams globally to develop innovative Technology and Data solutions to accelerate and grow Amgens pipeline of bio-pharmaceuticals. Our success in informatics is inspired by our commitment to our patients, to our business partners, and to use technologies that deliver critical business value.
- Work closely with key R&D leadership team to develop a multi-year strategy for advancing Omics pipeline at Amgen
- Play a strategic role in bringing Computational Biologists and Omics Product Team together to develop and execute on a technical roadmap for advancing Omics strategy across R&D
- Ensure Amgen is adopting industrys best technologies and solutions including advanced Omics data pipelines with an emphasis on cloud first strategy
- Accelerate implementation of IS strategy to leverage data and city planning core platforms and demonstrate a balanced portfolio of cost-effective and innovative solutions to support advances in Sciences.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic leader we seek is has these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
Masters degree and 6 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
2 years of experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- 7+ years of experience in Bioinformatics with extensive hands-on experience in managing Agile projects and be able to take on Technical Product Owner role
- Experience in current technologies (R, python, AWS cloud, Linux, Databricks, etc.)
- Demonstrated track record of designing and delivering innovative IT solutions that employ DevOps methodology
- Strong written and oral communication skills and technical expertise to be able to communicate effectively with business and technology partners.
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Computational Biologists, Therapeutic Area scientists and Data Engineers and play a key role in translating scientific business needs into data engineering requirements
- Experience in building data pipelines for processing Multi-Omics (Genomics, Transcriptomics, and Proteomics) data into analysis ready datasets
- Experience in program and project management including business case development and financial management during project implementation
- Working knowledge of biotech/pharma industry regulations
- High learning agility, innovation, and analytical skills
- Experience supporting and building solutions that are deployed in Cloud (e.g., AWS) environments
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Ready to Apply for the Job?
We highly recommend utilizing Workday's robust Career Profile feature to complete the application process. A link to update your profile is available when you click Apply. You can then complete your Workday profile in minutes with the Upload My Experience functionality to upload an updated copy of your resume or you can simply edit the individual sections of your Career Profile.
Please note that you should be in your current position for at least 18 months before applying to internal positions. Staff must notify their current manager if invited for an interview. In addition, Staff are ineligible to apply for open positions if (a) their performance is currently being managed on a performance improvement plan (PIP) or other locally utilized formal coaching document or (b) their most recent performance rating was not a Partially Meets Expectations or higher. Please visit our Internal Transfer Guidelines for more detailed information
GCF Level 06
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.