Senior Research Associate / Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking a motivated, conscientious, and talented individual with experience with in vivo studies to assist our immuno-oncology teams in performing studies involving analyses of our cellular therapy candidates. This is a full-time position reporting to the Associate Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology and is located at the Companys corporate headquarters in San Diego.
- Execute and analyze in vivo experiments to support product development and test therapeutic hypotheses for cell therapy drug candidates
- Perform rodent studies including drug administration (IP, SC and IV), bleeding, bioluminescent imaging, tissue collection and analysis
- Data collection, analysis, and detailed record keeping
- Collaborate with in vivo pharmacology and project team scientists
- B.S. degree in Cell Biology, Immunology or other related fields with a minimum of 2 years of in vivo laboratory experience in an academic, biotechnology, pharmaceutical or CRO setting
- Experience working with preclinical mouse models required
- Experience with mouse tumor models a plus
- Experience with cell/molecular biology a plus
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Positive outlook and a team-oriented attitude
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Occasional weekend and/or evening hours required
- 100% on site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.