Sr. Research / Associate Scientist / Scientist, Protein Purification
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer and other diseases. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors and T cell receptor-like antibodies to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST/SCIENTIST,
Adicet Bio is seeking a highly motivated team member who will be a key contributor in the protein purification laboratory, a person who possesses broad technical expertise and a desire to work at the bench. They will possess a working knowledge of protein and antibody purification and an ability to characterize purified materials using various biochemical and biophysical methodologies. The ideal candidate in addition would be in a unique position to designs iteratively bispecific and antibody like molecules and empirically study the impact of design on biological function.
- Author and execute methods on AKTA FPLC for automated routine purifications.
- Conduct parallel processing of small-scale benchtop purifications using gravity columns.
- Use bead capture for high throughput small-scale immunoglobulin purification.
- Purify recombinant proteins expressed in bacteria and mammalian cells.
- Complete routine sample analysis using HPLC system, SDS-PAGE and IEF.
- Characterize antibody/antigen binding using ELISA and ForteBio Octet methods. Exposure to Luminex is a plus.
- Maintain electronic notebook entries and protein inventory databases.
- Present results at group and company meetings.
- BS or MS in biological sciences or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant academic and industry experience.
- Broad technical experience with various antibody and protein separation techniques on small and large scale: affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic, and size exclusion chromatography.
- Hands-on experience with AKTA FPLC systems such as AKTA Prime, AKTA Explorer or similar.
- Broad experience with analytical protein characterization methods, including HPLC (SEC, IEX), SDS-PAGE, IEF, Western.
- Experience with antibody and protein labeling techniques: biotinylation, derivatization with fluorescent dyes (Alexa Fluor, DyLight, PE etc.)
- Experience in the use of expression platforms, both bacterial and mammalian (e.g., Expi293, ExpiCHO).
- Antibody/antigen binding characterization using Octet® platform is a plus.
- Ability to produce high quality and timely reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to be productive in team environment, open minded to the diverse opinions of others.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Openness to flexible working hours is preferred.
- Highly motivated, organized, and disciplined record keeping.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.