Bioreactor Scientist, Upstream Viral Vector
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer and other diseases. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors and T cell receptor-like antibodies to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
BIOREACTOR SCIENTIST, UPSTREAM VIRAL VECTOR GROUP
Adicet Bio is developing a next generation manufacturing process to advance our platform of “off-the-shelf” immune cell products. We are currently seeking individuals for our viral vector group as we advance our production platforms. The position offers a chance to be part of a highly motivated team, applying the latest cell culture and bioprocessing practices to facilitate development of our proprietary cell therapies.
We are currently seeking an energetic and experienced individual with a strong background in mammalian cell bioreactor development to join our upstream viral vector team. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of Adicet’s production platform by developing, characterizing, and optimizing vector production procedures designed to support both research and manufacturing pipelines.
The individual will serve as a program specialist reporting to the Upstream Vector team leader. Working in collaboration with other junior scientists, as well as the Downstream and Analytical vector teams, this individual will be responsible for translation of research processes into scalable platforms for generation of viral vectors using suspension-based bioreactor cultures. This individual will also work with other Technical Operations teams, and external groups, to meet project timelines and deliver a consistent and robust viral vector production program.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design experimental approaches to optimize cell growth and viral vector yield from mammalian suspension cultures.
- Set-up and operation of benchtop bioreactors designed to meet experimental goals.
- Serve as an SME for bioreactor operation, applications, and data interpretation when communicating with external groups.
- Drafting and editing of standard operating procedures, sampling plans, technical documents, and batch records for regulatory or tech transfer purposes.
- Source and assess new equipment and technologies in order to expand and improve upstream culturing capabilities.
- Contribute to budget and goal planning of the Upstream viral vector group.
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Advanced degree with a background in biology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, cell & molecular biology, or related life science field is required. Doctoral degree or master’s degree with 2+ years or 4+ years post-graduate experience, respectively.
- Considerable direct experience with mammalian cell culture utilizing suspension-based bioreactor systems is required. Candidates having prior experience in viral vector production applications will be given strongest preference.
- Experience in working in a BSL-2 environment is strongly desired.
- Hands-on experience with various liquid handling or perfusion filtration systems is strongly desired.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in cell line and media formulation optimization.
- Familiarity with current principles and technical platforms for monitoring cell growth, viability, metabolism, etc., is expected.
- Previous experience conducting technology transfers to external CMOs, or adapting client-derived upstream process as a part of a CMO is desirable.
- Flow cytometry, ELISA, and qPCR experience is desirable.
- Qualified candidates should be detail oriented with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to mentor individuals to achieve organization, team and individual objectives while adhering to the company values (fearless, accountable, collaborative)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with MS Office and other commonly used software and technology programs
BENEFITS:Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment. Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.