Associate Scientist / Scientist, Research: CAR-T Immunology and Cell Biology
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer and other diseases. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors and T cell receptor-like antibodies to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST/SCIENTIST, RESEARCH: CAR-T Immunology and Cell Biology
We are seeking a highly-motivated candidate with a strong background in preclinical CAR-T research, immunology and cell biology to join the Adicet Research Team. The ideal candidate will bring expertise in primary cell and tissue culture and knowledge of general biologic techniques related to CAR-T research and characterization, such as transduction, cell isolation, and immune cell flow cytometry. The successful candidate will work as a part of a multidisciplinary team, utilizing the latest technologies for cell engineering and contributing to the generation of novel cell-based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
- BS or MS in biological sciences, immunology, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in CAR-T research or related fields, with industry experience preferred
- Hands on experience in primary cell culture and aseptic tissue culture techniques is required
- Extensive experience with multicolor flow cytometry is required
- Experience in cell-based assays including effector cytokine, proliferation and cytotoxicity assessment protocols
- Experience with activation, transduction, and expansion of T cells
- Experience with basic research procedures for cell manipulations including bead-based isolation protocols (ex. MACs isolation)
- Excellent organization and communication skills, including detailed record keeping
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and in a team environment; demonstration of quality, proficiency, and attention to detail
- Openness to flexible working hours is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Daily cell culture, including CAR T cell activation, transduction, expansion and cryopreservation
- T cell phenotyping by flow cytometry and evaluation of cell activity, efficacy, and function
- Designs and executes assays to evaluate target-specific T cell characteristics and function
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols, results, and inventory in an electronic lab notebook
- Analysis and interpretation of experimental data
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings
- Utilize software tools to support data analysis tasks (e.g., Prism, FlowJo, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.