Sustainability Program Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
Posting: Globally, internal, and external
This position will develop, implement, and maintain global EHS programs and provide technical expertise to AbbVie’s global organization with respect to Environmental Sustainability.
- Develop and maintain EHS Global standards, policies, systems, and programs applicable to Water, Waste, Climate, and Sustainability.
- Provide EHS leadership and direction for management, professional, technical, and support staff for environmental sustainability, water conservation, waste reduction, ISO 140001, and employee engagement.
- Ensure systems are in place to enable area of responsibility to operate in legal and ethical compliance with water and waste issues.
- Provide business perspective, strategic and tactical direction to develop and implement environmental sustainability initiatives for the EHS Long Range Plan.
- Authority to represent AbbVie externally on matters related to environmental sustainability with external regulatory agencies and non-government organizations.
- Maintain a broad understanding of local, regional, and global EHS regulations and practices for environmental sustainability.
- Maintain and update IT reporting databases and generate monthly and quarterly EHS performance reports to area management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 5 – 12 years of EHS related experience or master’s degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 5 – 10 years of EHS related experience. Sustainability related experience in manufacturing and/or R&D environments are required. Professional certification is preferred, but not required.
- Development of practical, applicable standards and/or policies that meet business objectives. Technical expertise in the EHS functions as well as technical writing and business communications.
- Ability to actively listen, build and maintain effective working relationships with internal/ external colleagues and stakeholders, and resolve conflict.
- Ability to successfully manage projects and programs.
- Ability to speak, write fluently in English.
- Patients, company employees, company management, cross functional teams, global regulatory authorities, and external organizations.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.