Associate Cyber Threat Analyst II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is looking for talented people with analytical minds and passion for cyber security to join our Cyber Threat Intelligence team.
As an Associate Cyber Threat Analyst, your focus will be at the tactical level, developing your knowledge of the ever-changing cyber threat landscape by analyzing intrusion data and adversary behaviors, and using that knowledge to assist in improving detective and preventative security capabilities.
In this role, you will gain a fundamental understanding of threat modeling, which is used to cluster cyber activity. You will also analyze different intelligence artifacts, ranging from indicators of compromise to malicious code, to determine behaviors, usage, and harvest indicators of compromise.
- Analysis of security information (logs, alerts, security events, investigations, incidents, intelligence reports) to identify, cluster, and document key behaviors and indicators into campaigns
- Analysis of intelligence artifacts to identify behavior, validity, and impacts. This may include detonating malicious code in a malware sandbox and analyzing the results, running of different analysis tools against a specific sample, or researching components of an investigation to determine maliciousness, and similarities to other malicious code
- 1+ year in a professional, military, or educational cyber intelligence/cyber defense role
- Basic understanding of dynamic malware analysis, and interacting with data from malware analysis tools
- Basic understanding of security control technologies (endpoint, network, app)
- Rudimentary understanding of or interest in scripting languages (Python or PowerShell)
- Broad understanding of cyber threat models
- Practical experience with computer networks, troubleshooting computer processes and applications
- 2+ years in a professional, military, or educational cyber intelligence/cyber defense role
- 2+ years in technical full-time role
- Previous threat hunting experience a plus
- Understanding of threat actors, behaviors, campaigns, current tools and malware families
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.