Manager, Talent Acquisition - Oncology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is passionate about advancing Oncology research to transform standards of care for patients all over the world. Our Oncology experts are accelerating the pace of discovery, and our Commercial team continues to grow in order to support these efforts. In this role, you will develop and implement creative recruitment strategies to source and attract top talent to AbbVie's Commercial Oncology organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Key priorities are developing and implementing recruitment strategies, requisition management and customer service management across the US Oncology organization.
- Responsible for building sourcing and recruitment strategies that will attract the industry's top Oncology talent, building strong diverse pipelines for current and future talent needs.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to a team of 1-2 recruiters, ensuring process excellence.
- Provide a true business partnership with Business HR, hiring managers and leadership on all staffing related issues
- Compile and communicate the knowledge base, industry overviews, market trends, and company initiatives to team members and business leaders
- Perform key recruitment functions such as managing requisitions, updating and managing the Taleo ATS, achieving recruiting metrics and reporting key accomplishments. Compile and communicate the knowledge base, industry overviews, market trends, company profiles to team members and business leaders.
Oversee pre-employment process (background check, references, etc.), as well as the preparation and approval of offer package, providing equity & market competitiveness data research. Ensure compliance to state/federal employment laws and AbbVie policies and practices for applicant tracking compliance and reporting metrics.
- 5 + years recruitment experience in a competitive, fast pace environment.
- Must project a strong business presence and have the ability to instill confidence in clients and to deliver results.
- Proactive recruiting and sourcing experience.
- Experience recruiting for senior level positions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior staff management experience strongly preferred.
- Pharmaceutical / Biopharmaceutical industry recruitment experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience recruiting in the Oncology space.
- Experience in collaborating with a broader HR organization in support of business initiatives.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.