Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Protein Biochemistry
Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Protein BiochemistryAllakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases. Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Position Summary:We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist with a strong background in protein biochemistry to join our R&D team. The selected candidate will be responsible for generating reagents for the department to support our lead and preclinical antibody programs. This position will provide the candidate an opportunity to perform a wide range of activities and to expand/learn new techniques.
- Perform protein expression, purification, and modification of proteins and antibodies
- Characterize purified proteins using established protocols
- Assist in developing new assays to characterize purified proteins
- Assist in biochemically screening monoclonal antibodies for new targets
- Assist in managing monoclonal antibody campaigns for new therapeutic targets
- Produce reports and protocols
- Present regular research updates to project teams and R&D management
Qualifications and Expertise:
- B.S. or M.S. in Biological Sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 3-4 years relevant industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of protein biochemistry
- Proficient use of AKTA systems for protein purification
- Protein Characterization techniques such as SDS-PAGE, UV spectroscopy, and HPLC
- Tissue culture experience a plus but not required
- Excellent organization and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team-based environment
- Flexibility in prioritizing work and ability to multitask and successfully interact to meat deadlines
- This position is located in Redwood City, CA.