Job Title: Contracts Administrator
Schedule: Part-Time (20-30 Hours Weekly)
Location: Louisville, KY or Boston, MA
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Contracts Administrator will assist in preparation, review, negotiation and maintenance of a wide variety of company contracts, including confidentiality agreements, master service agreements and statements of work, purchase agreements, and collaborations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and assist teams in following contract process guidelines to ensure compliance with purchasing and contract signing authority policies
- Ensure that contracts database is accurate and up to date, including monitoring of contract expiration
- Communicate both in writing and in person with counterparties, as well as internal project teams, to facilitate contract completion
- Negotiate and recommend contract terms while ensuring that projects remain within the established budget
- Attend meetings to assess progress on projects which are in motion, and take detailed notes to share with stakeholders
- Ensure contracts meet Company guidelines as well as compliance with laws and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Required:
- 3+ years prior experience in a contract administration role or a related field
- General knowledge of contract law, accounting principles and finance
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Superior attention to detail in order to spot inconsistencies in contracts
- Previous experience in customer service and strong communication skills
- Ability to be productive both independently and as part of a team
- Must have excellent analytical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
- Identifying potential risks contract changes may pose to Company.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off 25 days
- Stock Options
Talaris Therapeutics, Inc. (“Talaris”) is a late-clinical stage, publicly traded (Nasdaq Global Market: TALS), biotechnology company that is developing an innovative method of allogenic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation that we believe has the potential to transform the standard of care in sold organ transplantation, certain severe autoimmune diseases, and certain severe non-malignant immune and metabolic disorders. In a ground-breaking, phase 2 study, our lead therapy, FCR001, enabled 70% of living donor kidney transplant recipients to be weaned off all immunosuppression within 12 months of their kidney transplant without rejecting their donated organ. We have followed these patients for an average of over six years since their transplant, and not a single patient who was tolerized in our phase 2 study has subsequently had to resume immunosuppression. We are currently enrolling patients in FREEDOM-1, a randomized, controlled, open-label Phase 3 registration trial in the United States of FCR001 in 120 adult living donor kidney transplant (LDKT) recipients, and in the second half of 2021 we will be initiating FREEDOM-2, in which we will evaluate the potential of FCR001 to induce durable immune tolerance in patients who have previously received a kidney from a living donor, as well as FREEDOM-3 in which we will evaluate the safety and efficacy of FCR001 in adults with a severe form of scleroderma, a debilitating autoimmune disease. We currently have approximately 100 employees and have a corporate office in Boston, MA in addition to our cell processing facility in Louisville, KY.