Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Bioanalytical
The successful candidate will join a highly motivated team of scientists and associates developing novel genetic therapies for respiratory diseases and will be responsible for development and execution of bioanalytical assays to support pre-clinical studies.Specific Responsibilities
- Develop and execute robust bioanalytical assays to support cell-based and in vivo studies. These assays will focus initially on detection and quantitation of target protein expression and mRNA cargo as well as immunogenicity and tolerability of the drug candidates.
- Work closely with cell culture, in vivo, RNA production, and formulation teams to coordinate sample processing and bioanalytical assays.
- Will be expected to collect and analyze data, and prepare technical reports, summaries, and presentations to the department and key stakeholders.
- Must be able to maintain accurate and well-organized laboratory records, worksheets, and notebooks.
- BS/MS with 3+ years of industry experience preferably in a development (Bioanalytical, QC) environment.
- Hands-on experience with design, development, optimization, qualification, and validation of novel bioassays and immunoassays using multiple platforms and technologies (e.g. ELISA, MSD/Luminex, flow cytometry, cytokine analyses, and cell-based reporter and cytotoxicity assays).
- Strong foundation in molecular biology and experience with gene expression analysis methods (e.g. Quantitative RT-PCR, ddPCR).
- Experience with protein analytical methods (SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting).
- Experience with sample processing methods to support protein and nucleic acid detection from a variety of tissue types.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, data analysis software (e.g. Prism, JMP, FlowJo, FACSDiva, SoftMax Pro), and other applications.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated success working with multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to support internal and external communications/presentations.