Customer Service Specialist
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
As a Customer Service Specialist, you’re at the heart of the business operation. As a member of a dynamic team, you are highly accountable and motivated to improve and deliver the customer experience by contributing to team and company success. You will have the opportunity to be creative, innovative and champion ideas that impact individual and team results. The Customer Service Specialist will be responsible for supporting our US based customers, their inquiries and needs, via our toll-free line and digital channels. Specialists will work closely with the supporting Customer Service Analyst team and other internal units (Finance, Distribution, Sales) to provide 5 Start customer support by engaging with customers, providing solutions to their needs.
- Assess, prioritize and process customer requests for end customers
- Responsible for answering all incoming customer calls via the toll-free line in accordance with Contact Center Quality Program criteria
- Responsible for answering all incoming inquiries via digital channels within department expectations
- Verify all customer information including, but not limited to, shipping locations, licenses and contact information
- Log all details of each customer interaction, tracking the customer’s information and all details of the customer interaction
- Process sales documents for the Seqirus business which includes, but not limited to; orders, returns, credits and rebills
- Operate at a high level to consistently meet or exceed business unit quality and productivity standards
- Earn the trust and confidence of the customer by owning the customer experience and making adjustments as needed to strengthen customer touch points and interpersonal skills
- Create and retain all Customer Incident and Discrepancy Reports. Work with internal Quality Assurance team members to determine where issues originated, and provide customers with a solution
- Manage all Product Technical Complaints within 24 hours of customer informing of the issue
- Provide customer with clear direction as to how to proceed with valid discrepancies including but not limited to returning product
- Work independently with minimal direction, seeking guidance as needed
- Report on vaccine replacements, customer discrepancies and customer inquiry trends
- Embrace and support change to move the organization forward in support of strategic goals and objectives
- Assist the greater Customer Service Operations, Finance and eCommerce teams with projects impacting the customer experience
- BA/BS degree or High School diploma required with relevant customer service experience
- 1-2 years experience in high touch customer service environment preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; SAP experience preferred
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical customer service industry or high touch customer service environment preferred
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Consistent track record meeting performance goals
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (Finance, Sales and Distribution, QA, IT and senior managers).