Business Performance Manager
Amgen is seeking a Business Performance Manager to support critical change initiatives for the Operations organization.The Manager will report to a Business Performance Director in Operations Transformation.
Operations Transformation partners with Operations leadership and subject matter experts to diagnose pain points, co-create solutions and successfully execute the highest priority efforts to enable innovation and continuous improvement across Operations.Areas of transformation include strategy, capability building, technology and process improvements, acquisitions and collaborations, and change management.
The Manager will be a liaison (internal consultant) for transformation initiatives.He/she will gather, analyze, and synthesize cross-functional information across a variety of sources to turn unstructured business issues and requests into appropriate action plans and projects that result in high quality, meaningful and actionable deliverables.They will also support the development of reports and presentations that clearly summarize status, issues, implications and recommendations to key stakeholders to inform and communicate decision making.
A Business Performance Manager liaison is responsible to
- Provide cross-functional initiative support and work with Operations experts and project teams to solve business programs across a portfolio of Operations projects, and occasionally cross into Amgen-wide efforts or support other organizations.
- Provide support using Amgen Transformation methodologies appropriate for the objective, including Agile, Change Management, Solution Development, Implementation and Sustainment, Workshop Facilitation, and Continuous Improvement.
- Support project team leaders, other liaisons, and Operations leadership to identify solutions, build business cases, generate plans and deliver results.
- Support project success, by managing risks, removing roadblocks, escalating issues and delivering high quality results.
- Serve as an integrator across multiple Operations and Amgen-wide functions and transformation efforts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders; proactively communicating, seeking advice, and facilitating critical business decisions.
- Adapt to a rapidly changing, fast-moving and often ambiguous environment.
Masters degree and 2 years of Operations and/or Business experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years Operations and/or Business experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Operations and/or Business experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Operations and/or Business experience
- Advanced degree or strong demonstration of equivalent combination of relevant educational and professional training experience in leading cross-functional teams
- 3+ years of experience in Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical industry, particularly in Operations
- 3+ years of experience in a cross-functional business operations or project management role
- Operations knowledge with basic to strong understanding of activities within Supply Chain, Quality, Process Development, and Manufacturing
- Experience crafting storylines and preparing executive-level discussion documents
- Strong written/oral communication skills and executive presence across functions and across different levels of leadership
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills
- Experience creating and collaborating in SharePoint, Box, Yammer, MS Teams, Tableau, Smartsheet, etc.
- Independent, motivated, team member with experience in a matrix environment
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.