HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this dynamic role you will serve as the plant engineer and system owner for process equipment in a state of the art bulk biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include:
- Provide operational support, troubleshooting, and optimization for assigned equipment
- Support equipment maintenance activities to improve reliability
- Apply engineering principles to the design and implementation of new equipment
- Identify risks and implement risk reduction strategies
- Lead and execute improvement efforts including cycle time reduction, efficiency gains, and yield enhancement opportunities
- Lead or support technical root cause analysis, incident investigations, and troubleshooting on equipment
- Analyze problems, develop and propose engineering solutions in a scientific manner using data-driven techniques and analyses
- Support new product introductions or new technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing equipment modifications, and supporting engineering runs
- Apply process engineering principles in the design, specification, construction, startup, and validation of process equipment and systems for capital projects of moderate scope and complexity
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Engineering professional we seek is hard-working with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Masters degree OR Bachelors degree and 2 years of Engineering experience OR Associates degree and 6 years of Engineering experience OR High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Engineering experience
- Direct experience with regulated environments (e.g. FDA, cGMP, OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with manufacturing process equipment including advanced troubleshooting, reliability and performance improvements, and design optimization.
- Direct experience in equipment engineering and troubleshooting with fermenters, bioreactors, centrifuges, chromatography columns and systems, and/or ultrafiltration/diafiltration systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with cGMP procedures and engineering practices on pharmaceutical/biotech production processes, facilities, and equipment.
- Experience with change control, nonconformance, corrective and preventative actions, and validation practices.
- Experience supporting design and startup engineering directly related to bulk biopharmaceutical production including process equipment and facilities design, procurement, construction, startup, and validation.
- Work schedule flexibility as required to support 24/7 operations, requiring occasional after-hours engineering coverage.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
#Operations21Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.