Sr. Manager, Cost Accounting
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Finance Manager, Controller
Regional Controller – Medical Device
The Finance Manager, Controller will direct all Finance activities within the organization, including month-end closing, forecasting, budgeting, product costing, product manufacturing analysis and inventory valuation processes. Work will involve defining and maintaining the general and cost accounting systems, training employees, meeting deadlines for processing information, answering questions and financial reporting requirements. Internal and external customers are many and varied. Judgment and initiative are frequently exercised.
The Finance Manager, Controller will also be involved and participate in the leadership functions and strategic planning for the site. This will involve people planning, capacity analysis, real estate and contribute to the overall direction of the site.Job Details
This position is responsible for the following:
- Full monthly close accounting process ensuring accounts are accurate, including coordination with corporate to ensure accounts and balances are accurate.
- Participating in the leadership functions and strategic planning for the site.
- Provide oversight, supervision and coaching to the cost accountant(s)
- Continued support and adherence to Company accounting policies, procedures and process documentation.
- Providing financial support to Manufacturing Operations, including operational metrics, financial analysis, and root cause analysis as needed.
- Provide Warranty and Repair support to Commercial Finance Team, as well as guidance for Cost Accountant assisting the Warranty & Repair business.
- Leading and managing the annual physical inventory count processes (if applicable), including liaison with external auditors. Ensure compliance with cycle count processes.
- Assisting in financial audits, including preparing and compiling data for support of schedules and questions.
- Assisting in special projects and provide on-going support to the corporate finance departments.
- Ensuring validity and accuracy of ERP and related add-ons and participate in software improvement and implementation projects.
- Performing responsibilities required by the Quality System and other related duties as assigned or requested.
Incumbent has full authority to make decisions and/or take action that is required to carry out job duties. AbbVie internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, cGMP procedures, general business policies, requirements and objectives. The incumbent must be willing to take temporary assignments as required.Regulated Responsibilities (including cGMP and EHS)
AbbVie is a regulated company and the incumbent is therefore expected to be fully compliant with all standard criteria with respect to medical device manufacturing, such as FDA Code of Federal Regulations 21, ISO 13485, the Medical Device Directive, Medical Device Single Audit Practice, etc.
Further, the incumbent is expected to be compliant with other relevant national and international legislative requirements, with respect to health and safety, environmental, employee welfare, and any other legislative requirements that pertain to device manufacturing.
Education and Experience (minimum requirements):
Undergraduate, 4-year degree required. Masters degree in business is preferable
7 plus year’s hands-on manufacturing cost accountant/finance experience is preferable
CPA and/or CMA preferable
Must possess working knowledge of Enterprise-level accounting solutions (SAP Business 1 preferred). Strong Computer Skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
Knowledge of EHS regulatory requirements. EHS experience, preferably in pharmaceutical / medical device industry. Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of SAB 104 “Revenue Recognition in Financial Statements” and associated deferred revenue concepts is preferable.
- Strong computer skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively without compromising the quality of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and communicate with all levels of the company
- Efficient, high productivity contributor, professional attitude, detail oriented and team player
- Requires occasional weekend and/or evening work, month end close etc.
- Experience working in a medical devices manufacturing / high-tech environment
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable, organized, and service focused.
- Must be self-motivated and pro-active, with a strong sense of accountability.
- Must be able to work independently to successfully support local operations as well as Corporate Finance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, specifications, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey project accomplishments, obstacles, issues, and project status.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read, understand and abide by company procedures.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report on findings.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work is performed in an office-like setting.
- Noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud, but managed below acceptable levels, in line with US Health and Safety Legislation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day. The employee may be required to lift and carry up to 25kg for men, and 15kg for women. Also involves daily keyboard data entry.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.