Associate Director, eCommerce Marketing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Refresh eCommerce Marketing is responsible for supporting the growth of the eCommerce channel for Abbvie’s Consumer Eye Care business over the next several years. This person will collaborate with the National OTC account executives responsible for brick and mortar retailers and will also have responsibility for the Amazon account. You must have a passion for eCommerce and want to work in a highly dynamic, fast growing, and entrepreneurial environment.
Role and Responsibilities
Lead marketing, sales and business development functions, including but not limited to the following:
• Own all aspects of management for Amazon, including annual growth planning, marketing spending, assortment planning, promotional and merchandising plans, and day-to-day management
• Leading and managing account service providers
• Assisting National OTC Executives with boosting the online sales at key retail partners
• Executing vendor contracts, item set up forms and online applications for promotional and merchandising programs
• Maintaining financial records for assigned accounts including sales, forecast, promotional calendar and expenses, negotiated deals and terms, and profitability
• Creating and delivering sales presentations for assigned accounts
• Providing ad hoc sales and competitive analyses
• Identifying and pursuing business development opportunities, leading the execution of customized sales strategies.
• Supporting the operations team in demand planning
The ideal candidate has experience supporting Amazon via marketing, sales and business development programs at Amazon and other retailer e-commerce sites. Working with Amazon can take an experienced touch to maximize growth while mitigating costs. We will look to the Associate Director - eCommerce Marketing to navigate this complex dynamic successfully. Specific skills and attributes we're seeking include:
• 10 -12 years' retail/trade experience. 5 years directly working with Amazon. CPG environment preferred.
• Attention to Detail: ability to oversee and reliably deliver projects with multiple, time-dependent tasks
• Project Management: leading projects from beginning to end across internal functions and with customers
• Resourceful: the candidate will need to find new and creative ways to achieve goals
• Intellectual Curiosity: the ideal candidate will not only be able to execute tasks, but also provide creative thought leadership in the area of eCommerce.
• Proven ability to improve and evolve systems and processes for eCommerce customers.
• Personable: as this position requires direct interfacing with customers and retail buyers, the ideal candidate must have the ability to communicate on point, personably, and in a manner that best represents Abbvie and Consumer Eye Care.
• Ability to generate ideas to drive revenue via upper funnel and find new ways of lowering costs and generating ideas to drive revenue growth.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.