Senior Scientist I, T Cell Biologist (Immuno-Oncology)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with experience in molecular biology and T cell biology to contribute to AbbVie’s growing presence in the Immuno-Oncology field. This individual will be responsible for engineering soluble T cell receptor-based and antibody-based specific therapeutic candidates directed against novel cancer specific antigens. This person will ensure scientific excellence, quality, and completeness of key platform initiatives. The successful candidate will collaborate in a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting, fast-paced discovery-oriented environment.
Position will be hired based on level of education and experience.
- BS, MS or PhD in cellular/ molecular biology or related field with a strong track record of publications and scientific accomplishments.
- Typically 10-12+(BS), 8-10+ (MS), or 0-4+ (PhD) years of relevant experience.
- Post-doctoral oncology experience in the pharmaceutical industry or academia is preferred.
- Strong scientific expertisesexpertise in molecular biology, T cell biology, and oncology research are desirable, as are practical experiences in T cell-based assays, molecular biology techniques, and engineering display systems.
- Demonstrated excellence and productivity in independent research.
- Extensive knowledge of T cell biology research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.