Director, Advanced Analytics, Global Business Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Director of Commercial Advanced Analytics is a strategic and critical leadership role in the Marketing Analytics and Business Insights organization, responsible for supporting and enhancing on-going Advanced Analytics and leading development of new analytics to enable core and emerging capabilities across Analytics, Customer Experiences, Patient Support, Executive Reporting, Forecasting, and Sales Operations. This role will lead the transformation of commercial Advanced Analytics in the changing business, digital and remote engagement, Big Data, and emerging technology environment (such as latest PaaS) with increasing number of diverse data sources, vendors, and stakeholders. The Director of Commercial Advanced Analytics will play a key part in developing and delivering the Data Strategy and operational support for strategic capabilities and transformational initiatives in the areas of digital transformation (including ML (Machine Learning) and AI (Artificial intelligence)). This role will also engage with external data and data providers including IQVIA, CRM, SAP, and others. This leader will mentor the Advanced Analytics team members to deliver actionable results to stakeholders across the organization.
- Leads Advanced Analytics with emerging technology (PaaS/EDP) and analytics team members to deliver accurate, reliable, and timely insights to support LBU’s & key Affiliates in Predictive Analytics, IFT Effectiveness, Brand and Sales Performance, Dashboard Harmonization, and Resource Allocations.
- Delivers on-going strategic Performance Management deliverables to Affiliates, GBT’s and cross functional partners with up-to-date Insights and on current issues (such as LOE planning, launch readiness, etc.); directly engages with GBT and Affiliate Leadership in responding to Business Planning.
- Partners with Data Strategy, Business Technology Services, Customer Excellence (CEx), IFTe, Winning Win Data, and other functions across the enterprise to launch and scale new capabilities.
- Leads vision and strategy for establishing and advancing engagement models (influence networks, data maturity mapping) with an increasingly diverse set of external data providers to maximize impact and value across the Global and Affiliate organizations.
- Collaborates with Business Intelligence (BI) and Business Technology Services (BTS) colleagues to proactively identify and resolve various data and operational issues; leads impact assessments across franchises and therapeutic areas; proactively communicates to business stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Partners with CEx, Business Intelligence (BI), and external data vendors to provide regular data education and training across the Commercial organization and introduce new leading-edge analytics and sophistication including AI and ML to enhance our data and analytics capabilities.
- Drives development and execution of the Data Management strategy for commercial Data Governance, Stewardship, and Operating Model, to ensure the necessary on-going data input required for AbbVie’s emerging capabilities in MCM (digital) transformation and Big Data.
- Manages ongoing engagements and budgets with external data vendors to ensure AbbVie is getting the appropriate data, services, and support; anticipates, forecasts, and secures appropriate budget funds and support based on current and future business needs.
- Leads negotiations with external data vendors for short-term and long-term data and services engagements across national and sub-national script data, Specialty Pharmacy data, Patient Level Data, promotional data, RWD, and other data categories and sources.
- Provides insight, knowledge, and coaching to build and develop fellow team members.
- Drives AbbVie’s Culture and Ways of Working to maximize team’s impact and sustainable employee engagement.
- Strong people leader capable of inspiring and motivating a diverse team to achieve excellence in delivering against team objectives while sustaining high employee engagement
- Strong written/oral communications skills including communicating to senior leadership
- Ability to understand the commercial environment and business needs and translate to workable solutions
- Knowledgeable in emerging technology (PaaS/EDP) and advanced analytics/data sciences (Big Data, ML, AI, Ontology)
- Proven success in managing and partnering with internal clients and external vendors
- Proven project management skills, including ability to lead in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders and functions
- Able to establish productive relationships at all levels of the organization across sales, marketing, BTS, and commercial operations
- Good facilitator – can drive collaborative discussions, gather feedback, and provide follow-up on how to incorporate into solution design/delivery
- Strategic thinker - can see big picture opportunities and translate into actionable plans but can also understand the details
- Highly motivated change agent that can push against the status quo and seed new ideas, new ways of thinking, and new ways of working
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of professional experience in marketing and/or sales organizations to ensure understanding of business cases and applications
- 8-10 years demonstrated experience in delivering and leading data, analytics in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industries, digital data (google analytics), and familiarity with Pharma data sources (IQVIA, SAP, VEEVA)
- 3-5 years of experience leading teams
- 3-5 years of experience managing budgets
- 3-5 years of experience negotiating with and managing external vendors
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.