Director, Regional Medical Advisor - East (Women's Health)
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women's health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women's health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director, Regional Medical Advisor - East. The position reports to the Senior Director, Field Medical. The location of the position is field based.
The Director, Regional Medical Advisor - East position will be responsible for organizing, aligning, and leading the respective field medical team across Myovant's Women's Health therapeutic areas. The field-based RMA team serves as the medical scientific face of Myovant Sciences with thought leaders and healthcare professionals, to facilitate the scientific exchange of data and information on relevant disease states, Myovant's therapies, and research and scientific platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and hire regional medical advisors within designated geography.
- Leads and directs a team of field RMAs, ensuring they are well trained on medical initiatives, launch activities, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to bring the medical perspective to commercial strategies and tactics, aligning with the most efficient, effective, and compliant ways for field forces to communicate.
- Provide consistent, timely and accurate performance feedback based on observations of customer interactions and metrics as part of an overall performance management system.
- Partner with Senior/Regional Sales Directors, Marketing, Training and Development, and the Commercial Operations teams compliantly to develop, implement, and manage launch activities and on-going cross-functional projects.
- Provide strong leadership to motivate team and individual team members to achieve exceptional results.
- Guide and assist the RMAs in the coordination of healthcare professional (HCP) interactions within and across the region, and with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that all interactions and activities in the region adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance.
- Stays well abreast and communicate new clinical and scientific knowledge published or presented at congresses within women's health a
- Represent the company and Medical Affairs during scientific exchange with healthcare professionals during meetings/congresses.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Field Medical to provide strategic and operational support for executing the ongoing RMA strategy.
- Clearly communicate the national and regional territory plans and objectives to relevant stakeholders. Define, clarify, and manage the regional team priorities.
- Actively support the regional RMA team and their efforts by being their advocate and spokesperson; promote collaboration across the entire RMA team, within Medical Affairs, cross-functionally, and with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure all activities and interactions are compliant with all applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, code of conduct, Company policies and SOPs.
- Represent the RMA function on US Medical Affairs and cross-functional teams, as required and necessary.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface with key opinion leaders and a wide range of internal employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Develop significant contacts with employees across Myovant including Medical Affairs, Research and Development, and Commercial functions.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Problem solver with excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, DO, PhD or PharmD) with experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or related healthcare field required.
- 12+ years of Medical Affairs experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or related healthcare field, with a minimum of 6+ years as a Regional Medical Advisor or Medical Director
- 5+ years in a leadership role with RMAs or equivalent with previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (proactive, strategic, creates a highly accountable team culture, provides clear direction), project management and organizational skills, with the ability to evaluate competing priorities to arrive at an appropriate decision
- Collaborative, team-based approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders and a wide range healthcare professionals.
- Strong business skills/acumen; ability to translate scientific and clinical data and territory/regional information to various groups to achieve the identified business goals of the company.
- Thorough understanding of applicable regulatory requirements for field-based personnel and PhRMA guidelines, including geographic regulatory related guidelines.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills required.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- As a field-based position, this RMA Director role will require 40%-60% travel throughout a large geographic region, with occasional travel to corporate headquarters, based in Brisbane, CA. Note: All Myovant employees will be expected to follow local, state and federal guidelines in order to implement safe practices pertaining to COVID-19 return to work policies.
- A valid license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) is required
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb, and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity