We are currently searching for a Laboratory Manager to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter purchase requests and re-stock supplies for the laboratory.
- Monitor and maintain contracts for laboratory equipment.
- Make reagents for common use for the laboratory (media, etc.).
- Maintain mouse lines in animal facilities, including breeding, back-crossing, and maintaining mouse colonies.
- Monitor and maintain University Committee for the Use and Care of Animals (UCUCA) amendments and renewal forms.
- Maintain daily lab operations to comply with operations and lab safety
- Work with SAB staff on laboratory experiments.
- Troubleshoot issues with technical procedures; utilize trial and error methods customize protocols to the biological systems utilized in the laboratory.
- Collect data in laboratory notebooks and databases; analyze and interpret data.
- Attend laboratory meetings. present findings and results to staff.
- Prepare samples for flow cytometry; analyze samples in the flow cytometry core.
- Prepare DNA, RNA and/or protein from samples, including libraries and PCR.
- Barcode bio-specimens.
- Master’s Degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a BA/BS degree is equivalent to a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Previous experience working with mice in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge and skills in analyzing and interpreting scientific information.
- In-depth understanding of scientific research, organizational structure and laboratory resources.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.