Associate Scientist, Analytical Development
We are currently searching for an Associate Scientist, Analytical Development to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Analytical Development Group.
- Independently perform UPLC-based content and identification assays for virus vaccines, recombinant proteins and virus-like particles that may be used as clinical vaccine candidates.
- Contribute to the clinical development of a variety of vaccine candidates by independently performing multiple bioassays as required for project success.
- Provide assay support and assay development for cGMP product release and characterization.
- Participate in the development the following assays for protein characterization.
- Protein A-UPLC
- Bioassay development for a Virus-like-particle vaccine
- Develop, characterize and transfer assays to the pilot plant’s QC group for product release.
- Write technical protocols and reports documenting analytical development studies pertaining to his work and the work of the group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related discipline. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in chemistry or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience working in a clinical or research laboratory.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and operating procedures of general laboratory equipment.
- Experience with analytical equipment automation or instrument and method qualification will be highly beneficial.
- Confident oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in writing and reviewing method qualification/validation protocols and reports, method transfers, SOPs, QC data packets and other process documents.
- Familiarity with computer software including word processing and data evaluation.
- Knowledge and use of statistical design of experiments (DOE).
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.).
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.