We are currently searching for a Biologist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform serology assays using established ELISA and Bioplex assays to support malaria vaccine development.
- Contribute to the development and validation of newer serology assays for preclinical and clinical platforms as required.
- Assist in isolation and purification of nucleic acids from samples collected from preclinical studies and clinical trials.
- Assist in the optimization of PCR and sequencing-based protocols to support preclinical and clinical vaccine studies.
- Perform periodic quality control checks on laboratory equipment as required.
- Maintain records of samples received in the lab and assist the sample management teams.
- Assist other members of the immunology and cellular assays team as required.
- Assist in maintenance and general upkeep of the laboratories.
- Attend scheduled laboratory and section meetings.
- Willing to learn new laboratory techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) of years of experience working in a research laboratory.
- Previous experience working with serological assays
- Familiarity with the optimization of PCR’s and sequencing-based protocols for vaccine studies.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.