Antibody Analytics Lead
We are currently searching for an Antibody Analytics Lead to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads development of assays for the specific antibody detection using MSD, Singulex, specific protein microarray and other suitable antibody detection technologies.
- Ensure efficient assay transfer for clinical end point immune monitoring group for GCLP clinical trial testing.
- Collaborate with automation experts to streamline high throughput serological analyses.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team performing pre-pandemic serological screening.
- Manages daily operations and cross departmental interfaces supporting viral protein production.
- Leads project aspects, providing technical review, direction, and feedback to others. Conducts advanced research.
- Involved in the development, scale-up, and operations of recombinant protein manufacturing in a state-of-the-art laboratory and assist in the continual improvement of VRC process tools.
- Integrates and starts up new technologies within the laboratory.
- Designs experimental approaches, provides critical evaluation of scientific data, mentors scientific staff and collaborates with other scientists.
- Works as part of a team, responsible for supporting the production of biologics used for assay development and to participate in strategic research that leads to innovation in a research environment.
- Develops, optimizes and executes high throughput cell-based assays (functional, phenotypic, reporter etc.) for screening antibody panels.
- Designs and conducts experiments leading to the development and implementation of new or improved protein purification methodologies. Leads project aspects to accomplish established milestones.
- Capable of evaluating and summarizing data using analytical methodologies, interpreting results, drawing conclusions and recommending options for future experiments to achieve project goals.
- Appropriately documents experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines. Presents scientific observations at internal technology reviews and to the broader scientific community at national meetings or through publication when appropriate. Submits ideas for inventions, innovates through patent filings and trade secrets.
- Represents the department in various departmental and interdepartmental committees that address scientific and administrative initiatives.
- Independently authors, or provides direction for the authorship of, technical reports and assessments.
- Gives presentations within the department and to senior management with minimal supervision.
- Actively creates, generates, and presents paper/presentations at scientific meetings.
- Ensures that safe laboratory practices are followed.
- Mentor junior staff
- Ability to build and supervise a dynamic team.
- Analyzes research data related to vaccine candidates.
- Author scientific documents necessary for serological research articles, such as educational materials, reports, publications, and protocols.
- Participate in vaccine design planning and training for externally conducted steps in the development of influenza vaccines.
- Monitors and evaluates program metrics and manages program timelines.
- Performs financial planning and budgetary management of reagents requirements.
- Reviews vendor contracts and works to ensure execution of contracts to planned timelines.
- Organizes and liaises with community members to develop programs that will engage and educate communities to increase awareness of influenza vaccine research and vaccine research in general.
- Develops and conducts protocol trainings, per vaccine development goals.
- Serves as subject matter expert and provides technical assistance to other NIH departments for influenza vaccine design and development.
- Assesses published and public literature regarding best practices for vaccine development.
- Conducts health services research by collecting, organizing and analyzing data used in reporting the cost-effectiveness, efficacy, and efficiency of preclinical research.
- Develops, optimizes and improves program guidelines and SOP’s to streamline workflow.
- PhD, MS or Bachelor’s degree in related field – Immunology, Biochemistry.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in performing influenza neutralization assays or related techniques.
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with a team of biologists.
- Demonstrates ability to be in a supervisory position.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite. Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Graph pad prism, SharePoint, Outlook etc.
- Educational, employment or volunteerism experience in at least one of the following: biomedical science, health care, public health, communications, public relations, marketing or clinical research. Biomedical Science, health care, and preclinical research
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time at a computer and/or desk; ability to move within the worksite and well as travel to other research sites.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.