We are currently searching for a Laboratory Technician to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform experiments in a biological level II lab involving molecular biology, cell biology, virology, immunology and bioinformatics-related technologies.
- Work efficiently in an organized way, including but not limited to experimental design; data collection and recording; troubleshooting; data organization, analysis, and interpretation; uploading sequences to sequencing database.
- Prepare reports and present data to supervisors, lab members, and collaborators. Generate protocols and updates.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with supervisors and the research team. Receive supervision/instruction from supervisors and provide timely feedback.
- Responsible for sample shipping, receiving, storage, and inventory. Maintain and search sample and data databases.
- Perform lab purchasing, receiving, inventory and maintain lab equipment.
- Comply with institution’s rules and regulations, such as institutional review board protocols, environmental health and safety, and waste management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology or a related field is required. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a molecular biological laboratory is required.
- Experience with molecular biological techniques, including but not limited to buffer preparation; DNA/RNA isolation and quantification; primer/probe design; PCR; RT-PCR; qPCR; and gel electrophoresis, imaging and purification.
- Experience with sequencing and primary sequence analysis (i.e., BioEdit and/or MEGA).
- Familiarity with sequencing databases, e.g., dbGaP, SRA.
- Experience with molecular, cellular, viral, and immune assays is a plus, including DNA cloning, western blot, ELISA, flow cytometry, immunochemistry, and viral stock preparation and titration.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access, and GraphPad Prism. Experience with Linux programing and cloud computing is a plus.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.