Project Management Office Assistant
As the Project Management Office Assistant, you will be part of a Project Management Office (PMO) team working to transform the culture of a client to become more disciplined in project management concepts, including agile work practices. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has experience as a Business Analyst in an IT environment with aspirations to take on a different role in an Agile team one day. You will be assisting the Program Manager in all aspects of the contract with our client ranging from managing resources and budgets to serving as the administrator of NCI’s proprietary project portfolio dashboard product. You will participate in the product lifecycle including training, documentation, new product features, and testing.
This position is at the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). NCBI is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NCBI is the world’s premier biomedical center hosting over six million daily users that seek research, clinical, genetic, and other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health – at NCBI you can literally help to accelerate cures for diseases!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Program Manager to oversee our contract for a Federal agency
- Track budget approvals, create and maintain complex Excel budget spreadsheets
- Analyze the portfolio and project data ensuring quality data
- Track and monitor staff hours against budgets
- Coordinate, schedule, attend, and capture minutes for weekly, quarterly, and ad-hoc meetings
- Assist in business process and systems analysis, design, improvement and implementation efforts, and in translating business process needs into technical requirements
- Participate in the operations, maintenance, and enhancements of our project and product portfolio dashboard software; serve as the administrator of the software responding to client user needs
- Conduct testing of release components of the product and update necessary documentation including user manuals
- Work with various customized client applications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience
- Excellent MS Office knowledge, especially MS Excel and Outlook
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Attention to detail and demonstrated analytical ability
- Must be able to work independently
- Authorized to work in the US
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, or related discipline
- 4 years of work experience in the IT field
- Proficiency in Excel pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and combined function formulas
- Experience collaborating with peers and leadership
- Experience with Google Docs and/or Confluence is a plus
- Familiarity with common Agile practices
- Experience with meeting/video conferencing tools such as Webex or Zoom
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.