Senior Scientist, Structural Biology
We are currently searching for a Senior Scientist, Structural Biology to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply Antibodyomics1 pipeline (Python script; See Kwong et al. Immunological Reviews 2017) to the identification of novel broadly neutralizing antibodies, the delineation of developmental pathways of broadly neutralizing antibodies during the affinity maturation process, and the sequencing of possible somatic variants for the lineage-based characterization of B-cell responses to immunization.
- Other emerging pathogens
- Analysis and extract biological relevant information from next generation sequencing (NGS) data, and handle NGS data in NIH Short Read Archive server.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed journal and presentations in scientific conferences.
- Prepare and share the results at laboratory-wide, NIH-wide, and national and international meetings and peer-reviewed journal publications.
- Serve as a Senior Project Coordinator and co-lead the Lineage-Based Vaccine Development coordination which will align with the re-organization of the Structural Biology and Structural Bioinformatics Core Sections.
- Co-lead on projects, including (but not limited to) HIV-1 Malaria, Influenza and Lassa) and coordinate with scientists from other organizations or institutions involved in similar or related research projects.
- Design experimental approaches and provide critical evaluation for Sequencing Genomics Analysis, including deep sequencing and single cell sequence.
- Design informatic analysis approaches provide critical/biological evaluation of for clinical trials data and collaborate with other scientists.
- Co-manage SBIS computation servers and provide support for scientific/technical research processes, including allocation of computational resources to the SBS/SBIS members to process cryoEM data and build protein atomic models.)
- Co-manage and co-lead the integration and startup of new informatic technologies within Antibodyomics1 pipeline to support analyses as needed to vaccination studies, including (but not limited to) HIV-1, SARS-CoV-2 and other infectious diseases of interest.
- PhD in Biology or a related field
- 5 years of postdoctoral experience in NEXT Gen Sequencing, Structural biology, and/or Immunology.
- Familiarity with emerging pathogens and rendering the coordination of extensive-vaccine studies.
- Ability to publish research findings, and present studies at international meetings and conferences.
- Ability to coordinate vaccine development and provide critical evaluations of deep sequencing and single-cell sequencing.
- Effective reading, writing and communication skills (paramount).
The proposed salary range for this position is $XXX,XXX to $XXX,XXX. Final salary will be determined based on various factors such as geography, experience, certifications, etc.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.