Laboratory Inventory Specialist
We are currently searching for a Laboratory Inventory Specialist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned including but not limited to performance of property checks, and light maintenance on lab equipment and monitoring consumable inventory levels.
- Sterile transfers/aliquots produced materials received from both outside and internal partners and submit for analytics testing as directed by the scientific operations manager.
- Properly codes the aseptic aliquoted materials into the product database and ensures that the database is current.
- Maintain and verify produced materials are properly coded into the technical services database and that the database is current, and coordinates within technical services group potential availability of material requests.
- Serve as a liaison for the VWR catalyst technician and works with the technician to create a supply database to ensure that critical consumables are maintained at adequate levels.
- Serve as a secondary emergency responder for all REES monitored equipment.
- Scan and log in all the packing slips from FNLCR and VWR orders and enter the orders as rec’d in the purchasing database.
- Maintain TS department product database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Prepare shipment for postal or commercial conveyance; select appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery. Prepare bills of lading; check items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receive and unload incoming materials and verify accuracy of shipment; process return shipments as needed.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Operate dolly/ pallet jack in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; assist in routine maintenance of lab equipment and shipping area.
- Deliver items to requisitioning departments and obtain authorized signatures for accepted items. Manage and trace lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; provide proof of delivery documents.
- Associate’s Degree with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a laboratory management role or a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a laboratory management role.
- Experience with demonstrable aseptic technique, and/or sterile work in a BSC, preferred.
- Hands-on experience with inventory management systems.
- Expert in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with database entry, programming, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with general scientific/biotechnology laboratory supply requirements.
- Strong analytical capabilities to prepare inventory analyses.
- Strong communication skills to communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.