We are currently searching for a Laboratory Technician to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct research using the principles of basic molecular biology and high throughput sequencing.
- Perform tasks utilizing:
- Nucleic acid extraction
- PCR and reverse transcription PCR
- Sequencing library preparation
- Data analysis software, including Geneious or similar, used to generate multiple sequence alignments, analyze open reading frames, determine amino acid sequences, identify important mutations, and construct phylogenetic trees
- Interact with scientists from other organizations or institutions involved in similar or related research projects.
- Interact with students, post-doctoral fellows and non-doctoral research technicians on experimental design and laboratory-based methodologies.
- Design experimental approaches to provide critical evaluation of scientific data.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Life Sciences. M.S. preferred.
- Must have at least two (2) years of full-time laboratory experience obtained after or concurrent with undergraduate degree.
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques and high throughput sequencing required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team-members and other scientists across the organization.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.