Scientific Program Analyst
We are currently searching for a Scientific Program Analyst to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and is on-site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently and accurately collect, format, clean, structure and enrich data for analysis and reporting.
- Independently design, analyze and evaluate scientific portfolios, programs and policies.
- Develop data analysis and reporting tools including dashboards and interactive reports using reporting tools such as but not limited to R, Tableau Excel or Power BI. Improve upon existing tools and reports.
- Develop and update project plans that accurately reflect milestones, and resources for assigned or self-initiated projects.
- Review, monitor, analyze and interpret narrative and statistical findings from independently developed analyses or literature.
- Communicate research results through multiple venues such as internal presentations, newsletter articles, conference presentations, project reports or scientific publications.
- Maintain knowledge of Public Health concepts, Program statistics, bibliometric data, data infrastructure, and data management requirements.
- Foster and conduct investigations of new approaches and methods to enhance existing portfolio analysis techniques and enhance knowledge base.
- Collaborate and consult with program and other NIH staff in support of portfolio analysis activities.
- Assist in other tasks as related to documentation, organization and maintenance of projects and activities or lead meetings as requested.
- Bachelor’s (BS) or Master’s (MS) degree in a biological, biomedical, computational or data science field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in data science or data analytics with proven ability to analyze data and translate analysis into meaningful insights.
- Strong background working with R and RShiny.
- General understanding of SQL query development, general database principles, data coding, data integrity, and statistical sampling and Excel strongly preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and also participate in collaborative projects.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, including exceptional attention to detail with excellent follow through.
- Able to rapidly respond to changing requirements and priorities.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams and keep organized.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including visual representation of data for all audience levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with staff at all levels.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.