We are currently searching for an Operations Coordinator to provide project coordination and management functions for the Office of Director. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Division by performing project coordination and management functions and working with the Office of Director staff on various joint projects and tasks.
- Set up and format spreadsheets to analyze information.
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel requests, official duty memoranda, training requests, individual/mass mailings, correspondence, reports and various forms.
- Gather and analyze information about processes and programs.
- Prepare reports, letters, and other documents for review and input for programs, policies, and activities.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize various administrative databases.
- Compile data and create and maintain PowerPoint presentations for presentation utilizing computer programs.
- Update/maintain calendars and shared calendars for Division leaders.
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, and courses for staff.
- Schedule conference rooms, develop agendas, and record meeting minutes.
- Maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures.
- Track, record and direct manuscripts to reviewers.
- Design and coordinate systems for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities.
- Maintain file systems for correspondence and projects.
- Note commitments made by executive level during meetings and arrange for staff implementation.
- Arrange for staff member to represent the organization at conferences and meetings, establish appointment priorities, and reschedule or refuse appointments or invitations.
- Read outgoing correspondence for executive level’s approval and alert writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive level’s viewpoints; make recommendations to resolve problems that arise.
- In the executive level’s absence ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff furnished in timely manner; decide whether executive level should be notified of important or emergency issues.
- Summarize the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executive; coordinate the new information with background office sources; draw attention to important parts or conflicts.
- Compose correspondence requiring some understanding of technical matters within the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline. Four years of specialized experience plus a high school diploma is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in a related field, with 2 years’ experience supporting senior staff.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of NIH procurement, purchasing and administrative systems.
- Experience with project management and coordination.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.