Sr Mgr Medical Operations - Data & Analytics
Global Medical Data and Analytics team is looking for a Senior Manager of Data Analytics who will lead and oversee analytical implementation strategy for the Medical Organization
Reporting to the Director Medical Data and Analytics, this global position will partner with cross functional teams as well as IS to develop, implement, and maintain analytically focused solutions to the Global Medical organization. This position will help foster an analytics first mindset to Medical by leveraging the latest in advanced analytical techniques and solutions.
This individual achieves results through rigorous goal setting, accountability measures, effective teamwork, performance management, collaboration with other D&A groups and a commitment to serving customers both inside and outside of Global Medical. This individual will ensure a focus on timely quality delivery as well as consistency across analytics components and data ecosystems. All results will be achieved in a manner that embodies Amgen culture and values; collaboration and teamwork, ethics, and staff development.
- Plan and oversee delivery of systems and analytics reporting to support various global medical capabilities and goals
- Strategically integrate Advanced Analytic techniques and ensure adequate project scaling
- Plan and oversee delivery of KPIs, metrics and other analytics on an ongoing basis while continuously improving and innovating for higher performance
- Establish and Maintain Partnerships with other D&A functions as well as integrating a Global to Local analytical support model to support the entirety of the Medical Organization
- Maintain systems validation documentation and other regulatory documentation in partnership with Information Systems
- Able to present complex analytical solutions, customized to the experience level of the audience
- Manage, monitor and mitigate risk and report on progress of systems and reporting projects
- Budget and forecast accuracy within area of responsibility
- Recruit, coach, mentor and develop team members
- Vendor management
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Data and Analytic management
Masters degree and 6 years of Data and Analytic management
Bachelors degree and 8 years of Data and Analytic management
Associates degree and 10 years of Data and Analytic management
High school diploma / GED and 12 years ofData and Analytic management
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Advanced degree in Data Science, computer science or related discipline
- 8+ years work experience in data analytics platforms and reporting technology
- Previous experience with oversight of information system vendors and analytics vendors
- Strong understanding and experience in the use of performance management techniques, measures, problem solving and analytical thinking
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry guidelines and legal/health system environment
- Advanced skills in application software and analytical development methodologies in a validated system environment
- Proficient in analytical and interpretation activities, able to present insights based on business acumen and subject matter expertise to a wide variety of audiences in both written and verbal formats
- Experience in a role conduction operational excellence: management skills, planning, prioritization, decision making, objective setting, and plan execution.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.