HOPE Oncology Director
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
HOPE Oncology DirectorLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for fulfilling all aspects of the health outcomes and pharmacoeconomics specialist role pertaining to payer and formulary support, opinion leader development, value development study support, evidence generation, and oncology product support.
This position is within US Medical Value and Access and is geographically located within the United States. The role serves Oncology focused internal and external key Oncology decision makers throughout the United States. Specifically, the position will have field accountability with key oncology customers and will be responsible for collaborating with matrix stakeholders to gain alignment and execute against shared medical goals. Duties will include pathways/compendia data submission process and timelines, collaborations across Global Medical - Oncology, support national healthcare market opportunities (e.g., Oncology Care Model) as well as advancing other shared goals with Payer customers, support Advisory Board forums, understand the CI landscape, and keep up to date on regulatory changes.
- Provide Payer and Formulary Support through value and medical presentations that focus on therapeutic as well as economic outcomes and utilization aspects of oncology products, and in clinical policy discussions such as evidence-based medicine, clinical guidelines and prior authorization in areas where Amgen has therapeutic expertise.
- Identify, develop, and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future Payer, Policy, and Health Economic and Outcomes Research opinion leaders through identifying speaker opportunities and concepts and letters of intent for investigator supported economics, humanistic outcome, and non-registration clinical studies to support Amgen's product messages within scope.
- Interact with key internal stakeholders to provide feedback on customer trends in interpreting and using value evidence, reimbursement and payer policy and participate in the development and delivery of an overarching oncology value and access engagement strategy.
- In conjunction with key stakeholders, conduct oncology training for internal teams related to new data, label updates, and disease states relevant to the oncology landscape.
- Provide complex value-based technical information inclusive of medical education, health outcomes and Pharmacoeconomics information and models and research protocol opportunities to appropriate audiences.
- Represent Amgen Medical Affairs to designated payer and Oncology Pathways accounts.
- Collaborates with the respective therapeutic area global medical leads, Health Economic and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Amgen Observational Research, Amgen Value and Access, etc. for clinical support, evidence generation research, population health, value-based agreements, specials projects, etc. as needed.
- Foster scientific information exchange as it relates to reimbursement and coverage policy between the medical community and Amgen.
- Effectively manage internal relationships, budgets, and Travel and Expenses within guidelines.
- Conduct all assigned duties within Amgen compliance guidelines.
- Expected customer travel is around 60% (including congress attendance and internal meetings)
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The hardworking professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- M.D. or D.O. or Pharm.D. with oncology experience
- 5 years of MSL/Pharmaceutical Industry experience with at least 3 years of oncology-focused experience.
- 8 + years of related experience in total (post-doctoral training -- i.e., residencies and/or fellowships -- can be a part of this related experience), including at least 3 years focused in oncology clinical practice, clinical research, or medical research - with a majority of the experience in a payer environment or working with payers, being highly preferred.
- PharmD with BCOP certification (Board Certified Oncology Pharmacy) or equivalent oncology experience
- Deep knowledge of managed markets, pharmacoeconomics, population health, Oncology Care Model, Oncology Pathways/Guidelines, and other broad healthcare trends.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.