Scientist/Senior Scientist, Metabolism
What if... you could join a rapidly growing company and play a critical role in bringing new medicines to patients through looking at and treating disease in a revolutionary way.
Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist/Sr. Scientist with expertise in the role of innate & adaptive immune system in metabolic syndrome to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel target discovery approaches. The candidate will be working under the direction of the Group Lead and will be responsible for developing and conducting cell-based assays to test data-driven hypotheses to uncover new disease mechanisms and validate therapeutic interventions. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists of the Cellarity team to rapidly advance the therapeutic programs. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be creative, independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be willing to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Contribute to generation and testing of data-driven hypotheses regarding the role of immune cells in metabolic disease.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Analyze, interpret, and report experimental results at company meetings.
- Master’s degree in biology or related field, and minimum of 9 years of relevant experience, or PhD with 0-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in industry.
- Extensive experience in functional assay development, and screening.
- Solid understanding of the interaction between immune cells and major organs associated with metabolic syndrome (liver, adipose…) and related disease. Familiarity with in vitro models of disease such as those utilizing primary cells, co-culture systems, organoids, and organs-on-chips.
- Proven hands-on experience with cell-based and molecular biology assays with a variety of readout technologies, such as, but not limited to flow cytometry, qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA, and high-content imaging.
- Experience independently generating precise, reliable data and skillfully analyzing the data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, highly-organized with strong attention to detail, and desire to learn new skills.
- Motivated and excited about biological discovery and assay development.