Supply Chain Manager/ Associate Director/ Director
LOCATION: South San Francisco or REMOTE
DIVISION: Product/CMC DEPARTMENT: CMC
REPORTS TO: Chief Technical Officer
Day One was founded to
address a critical unmet need: children with cancer are being left behind in a
cancer drug development revolution. Our name was inspired by the “The Day One
Talk” that physicians have with patients and their families about an initial
cancer diagnosis and treatment plan. We aim to re-envision cancer drug development
and redefine what’s possible for all people living with cancer—regardless of
age—starting from Day One.
The Supply Chain Manager/Associate Director/Director is responsible for developing and managing supplier relationships, and for defining and tracking material requirements including planning, controlling inventory, packaging, labelling, and distribution activities, while monitoring and reporting supply chain metrics. Under the general supervision of the Chief Technical Officer, the Supply Chain Manager/Associate Director/Director consistently assures appropriate inventory levels and production planning to ensure both industry-leading customer service levels and the agility to respond quickly to new opportunities without compromising CMC’s optimal use of capital
The scope of this role includes oversight of both internal activities at Day One and its contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs), suppliers, testing laboratories, and logistics vendors. The role is accountable with Quality Assurance ensuring that vendors are compliant with global regulations, prepared for potential Sponsor and Regulatory Inspections and that the appropriate processes, systems and activities are in place and performed to protect patient safety, product quality, and data integrity.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of pharmaceutical production, supply chain management, and GMP requirements. The candidate will also have experience in commercial product supply chain. This expertise, along with a pharmaceutical manufacturing background and the organizational and interpersonal skills required to build and foster strong relationships with collaborators, will be needed for success. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to be both detail oriented and to think strategically.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Minimum BS degree in
Science or Engineering, advanced degree a plus
· Strong working knowledge of global GMP requirements, regulations, and guidance; sound judgment and commitment to ethical conduct.
· Must have proven inventory and production planning experience
· Experience with logistics supervision
· Excellent leadership skills including an effective written and oral communicator, including experience preparing and making presentations to executive level management and interacting effectively with internal and external organizations, collaborators, and customers.
· Proven track record of people management
· Works on assigned problems of complex scope with analysis of situation or data required
· Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
· Builds productive internal and external working relationships
· Uses professional concepts and company’s policies and procedures to solve a variety of routine problems.
The preceding job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed
to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.