Scientist, Inflammatory Disease Discovery
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Discover - Apply your knowledge in immunology to use our PhenoMap to identify molecules of interest in diseases of autoimmunity, immuno-oncology and immunodeficiency. This position will involve both bench work to validate results, and analysis of the literature to mine targets.
- Achieve - Work with internal and external partners to validate inferences from the Map to generate pre-clinical programs to treat diseases of unmet need. Creatively identify ways to model disease using the PhenoMap and deliver high quality chemical matter for drug development.
- Influence - Help identify disease opportunities and establish strong data packages for developing identified hits, including oversight of in vitro and in vivo studies and developing robust research operating plans.
- Collaborate - You will work closely with the cross-functional Works team consisting of biologists, chemists, data scientists who are dedicated to delivering medicines to patients with difficult to treat diseases.
The Team You’ll Join
This position is in the Immunology and Immunity Works team, a discovery generation engine using our proprietary PhenoMap. We use this map to screen by inference, allowing us to rapidly identify molecules for repurposing and chemical starting points for novel chemical entities. You will work side by side with a broad spectrum of scientists, including biologists, chemists, data scientists, software engineers and others with a passion for delivering novel medicines for patients in the greatest need.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Advanced degree (MD or PhD) in Immunology, experience in cell biology required and in translational research preferred.
- 2+ years of post-doctoral experience in a relevant field of immunology (autoimmune disease, immuno-oncology, immunodeficiency)
- In-depth knowledge of flow cytometry required, including data analysis using FloJo or similar.
- Familiarity with data analysis and graphing software, such as GraphPad Prism, Spotfire, ImageJ, or Cell Profiler.
- Creative mindset to identify solutions to complex problems; strong written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work independently.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.