Associate Director, OEC Investigator
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The position conducts, leads, and/or oversees internal investigations relating to alleged violations of the AbbVie Code of Business Conduct (and other policies and procedures) and legal or regulatory requirements by (1) reviewing facts and analyzing legal and policy requirements; (2) working independently or with cross-functional teams to investigate allegations; (3); (3) reviewing findings and recommendations with management. Will make recommendations to Director, Internal Investigations , and Office of Ethics and Compliance (OEC) leadership, as well as corporate management, regarding internal investigations and follow-up actions (e.g., preventive and corrective actions).
- Responsible for investigating allegations relating to compliance with the AbbVie Code of Conduct and policies and procedures, as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manages investigations potentially involving complex issues.
- Provides leadership and guidance to personnel performing investigations at OEC’s direction.
- Ensures that investigations are completed in a thorough and timely manner, and reviews all investigation reports and conclusions.
- Reports to Director of Internal Investigations, OEC Operations.
- Assigned matters have a significant impact on the compliance program.
- Interacts with employees and managers at all levels of the organization
- Operates with autonomy and limited supervision.
Minimum 6+ years experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs, and finance.
Must have extensive experience questioning witnesses in an investigation, deposition, or similar setting.
BA/BS required. CPA, Master's, JD, or equivalent work experience preferred.
Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance.
Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.