Associate Director, Global Pipeline Forecasting & Commercial Assessment – Immunology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Global Commercial Development (GCD) organization leads the development of the strategic marketing direction of key assets in AbbVie’s pipeline. GCD also engages in the evaluation of Business Development (BD) opportunities with an aim to supplement AbbVie’s internal pipeline with external potential.
The primary role of the Associate Director, Global Pipeline Forecasting & Commercial Assessment, is to lead the Immunology forecasting and commercial analytics work in support of pipeline BD opportunities. This role will partner directly with the Global Commercial Lead of Immunology BD to develop, inform, and present commercial assessments for external opportunities.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop market assessments, patient-based sales forecasts, and P&L’s for Immunology BD opportunities
- Evaluate both revenue potential and costs required, ensuring consistency with internal assumptions and gaining alignment on key assumptions with internal stakeholders, as appropriate
- Partner with marketing analytics to drive primary research activities, seek robust secondary data, and utilize key opinion leader input to inform sales forecasts
- Partner with market access & pricing to evaluate pricing potential and to understand pricing pressures and opportunities
- Know the market today and develop an informed perspective on future marketplace dynamics – review market research, industry trends, study results, competitive profiles, literature, internal assessments, analyst reports, etc…
- Convey risks and opportunities thru risk modelling, scenario planning, or other robust analyses
- Actively participate on Immunology BD project teams – collaborate to explore and align on commercial/clinical potential and craft cohesive presentations with clear recommendations to senior leadership
- Partner with BD finance and deal leads to ensure BD deal valuations incorporate latest thinking and aligned commercial perspective on each external opportunity
A secondary role of the Associate Director, Global Pipeline Forecasting & Commercial Assessment, is to provide forecasting and commercial analytics support within the GCD Immunology forecasting team and/or within the broader GCD forecasting team.
Responsibilities of this role could include:
- Lead and coordinate the forecasting efforts relevant to the Immunology pipeline
- Develop and maintain forecast models to inform long-range planning, milestone decisions, and strategic decisions
- Provide real-time decision support via close coordination and collaboration across multiple stakeholders within GCD and other AbbVie partners including US Commercial & Finance, R&D, Decision Support Group, HEOR, Global Epidemiology, Global and US Market Access and Pricing, Finance, Regulatory, Medical, Global Marketing & Commercial Operations, and Area & Affiliate Commercial organizations
- Support BD forecasting needs across other GCD TA’s
- Provide portfolio level analyses for the broader GCD forecasting team
This role reports to the Immunology Lead, Global Pipeline Forecasting & Commercial Assessment.
- 7+ years of relevant forecasting, market analytics, or finance experience within the pharmaceutical, biotech, or life sciences consulting industries.
- Experience in providing marketing analytics and forecasting analyses for immunology or specialized therapeutic areas
- Experience building forecast models and conducting analyses for decision support
- Demonstrated experience in the incorporation and communication of analytics (primary and secondary data) for strategic decision support
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in cross-functional and cross-cultural environments
- Self-motivated with experience planning, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects across multiple teams while delivering results on-time
- Highly creative, resourceful, self-motivated, and intellectually curious with the ability to independently structure and complete complex analyses.
- Team player with a positive, flexible, can-do attitude that works well with urgency and has a strong record of developing and leading solutions to issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Preference for experience in pipeline forecasting for specialized therapeutic areas, such as immunology
- Strong analytic and communication skills
- Strong skills as both a team player and team leader in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills and demonstrated ability to influence
- Ability to champion the GCD Mission and Vision and the broader AbbVie Leadership Attributes
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.