Senior Research Associate Preclinical Pharmacology and Animal Research
The Molecular Medicine Research Institute (MMRI) is an independent, nonprofit medical research organization located in Sunnyvale, CA. Our research focuses on understanding the molecular basis of disease, identifying potential intervention points aiming to develop novel therapies for inflammation, cancer and fibrosis. We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and skilled Research Associate or PhD scientist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of an active animal research facility as well as the development and implementation of a variety of mouse and rat related research initiatives in conjunction with cell and tissue-based studies.
The responsibilities of this position include coordinating research activities, conducting investigative studies and coordinating collaborative research projects. This is a direct to hire or contract-to-hire position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- A degree in cell biology, molecular biology, veterinary medicine or related disciplines
- Expertise in various murine models of inflammation and cancer
- Experience in in vivo imaging
- Expertise in mouse surgeries
- Experience with culturing both primary cells and immortalized cell lines a plus
- Experience with cell-based assays, biochemical assays, flow cytometry and molecular biology techniques a plus
- Conscientious and excellent research skills
- Excellent recordkeeping skills
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work in a team environment
Salary and title will be commensurate with experience.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.