Director of EMEA Service & Support
Director of EMEA Service & Support
Our mission is to enable the promise of genomics to better human health. Pacific Biosciences (PacBio) is creating the world's most advanced sequencing technologies. Our latest instrument, the Sequel IIe, provides a unique combination of accurate and long DNA sequencing which generates the most complete picture of the genome. This HiFi sequencing is helping generate scientific insights that are not possible with other sequencing technologies.
We also continue to innovate to drive down the cost of genomics and improve other key aspects of the sequencing technology so that scientists can tackle some of the world's most important issues. Scientists use our technology in diverse areas such as human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Become part of this fast growing company and help shape the future of genomics by joining the PacBio team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Europe, Middle East & Africa Service & Support, leading critical Service & Support capabilities throughout the region. As we build our team, we are looking for a collaborative, driven, intellectually curious individual who is committed to our customers' needs. Our culture rewards accountability, cross-functional teamwork, and those that can deliver on a customer-orientated approach. We believe this enables the kind of breakthrough thinking that will accelerate our mission.
The Role & The Team
The driving focus of our Regional Service & Support teams at PacBio is to delight our customers, both internal and external, to make them successful, and help drive market adoption of our sequencing platforms. Reporting to the Vice President and General Manager of EMEA, we are seeking an exceptional leader to join our growing organization. This individual will be a key member of the EMEA leadership team and will be responsible for expanding our best-in-class Service & Support team, leaving their mark on our culture and behaviours for years to come.
The key responsibilities of this role center on the ability of the candidate to lead a multi-disciplinary team of Field Service Engineers, Field Applications Specialist and Field Bioinformaticians in a manner that provides a customer experience unparalleled in the life science industry. The candidate must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments and experience with building a support team, developing a cohesive culture, and making customers successful. Candidates must have a strong entrepreneurial orientation and an industrious attitude for accomplishing what needs to get done. Areas of specific responsibility and attention for this role include:
- Help build a service and support organization that is structured for growth, operational excellence, and customer and employee success.
- Hire, develop, support, coach, and train new members of the Service and Support team to deliver responsive support with high technical expertise to our customers.
- Motivate and lead the team through performance coaching, career planning, and setting development objectives.
- Ensure new customer success by leveraging regional service and support team to smoothly onboard new customers from pre-install to customer training.
- Work closely with Territory Account Managers to ensure customers needs are addressed.
- Address escalated customer accounts and develop plans to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Communicate needs of regional service and support to Global Service and Support.
- Work closely with Global Service and Support to develop process that enable regional success for customer support.
- Work closely with global teams to develop and improve Service and Support methods and processes.
- Facilitate the feedback from customers back to Global Service and Support in order to facilitate continuous improvement for our customer base.
- Ensure key performance metrics, including customer response time, issue resolution time, technical accuracy, and departmental efficiency are met or exceeded.
- Identify and drive product and process improvements in conjunction with our global support and product marketing teams to improve service margins and customer satisfaction across our product line
- Review customer instrument utilization and work with local team and regional sales team to investigate opportunities to improve utilization.
- Oversee renewal is service contract renewal at accounts.
- Ensure regional service team is scheduled properly to ensure installations of instruments are completed on time.
- 10+ years of Service / Support experience within the life sciences or semiconductor capital equipment industries.
- 3+ years' experience managing remote support teams.
- Experience using ServiceMax and SFDC a plus.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.