Associate Director, OEC Standards, Training and EED&I
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Standards and Training
- Develops clear and impactful compliance standards (including policies, procedures, guidance, SOPs, etc.) on a global scale
- Develops effective global training content relating to moderate to complex topics.
- Provides insight to assist in development of long-term strategic plan for Standards and Training function.
- Embraces training innovation, technology, best practices and harmonization of compliance training content across organization.
- Partners with all levels of business and training functions (including Commercial, RD, GMCO, affiliates, etc.) to identify opportunities to advance the training function.
- Executes process improvement initiatives of low- to medium-complexity; is able to move ideas from concept to implementation.
- Incorporates diverse, cross-functional, and global perspectives into strategies & tactics that consistently enhance the ability to improve outcomes for the OEC.
- Develops staff to enhance their knowledge and job skills to maximize performance and to adhere to current company and global regulatory requirements. Independently resolves complex issues.
Equity, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EED&I)
- Supports the development and delivery of a Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) program within AbbVie’s Office of Ethics and Compliance.
- Operationalizes the vision, direction and strategy for D&I within OEC and drive the development of D&I concepts.
- Provides leadership for design and implementation of effective and ongoing D&I projects/programs and training/education content including embracing best practices and processes to support the D&I strategy.
- Drives the alignment between the OEC D&I plan and OEC’s strategic priorities.
- Cultivates an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced and developed and where all employees feel valued and equal.
- Establishes and builds external relationships to enhance the AbbVie OEC brand through networking, university relationships, diversity organizations and conference attendance.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands global legal and compliance requirements and best practices and keeps abreast of new developments.
- Stays abreast of training best practices, tools and technology that will enable impactful training across the organization.
- Identifies internal network of SMEs and works collaboratively with them to develop training courses and policies.
- Conducts compliance standards and training risk/needs assessment and develops comprehensive strategy for employees across all divisions worldwide, as well as for all OEC employees. Strategy must include prioritization of topics and recipients, appropriate methods of communication and captivating delivery across wide range of audiences, and process for evaluating effectiveness.
- With oversight from Director, leads cross-functional teams to reach consensus on standards and training strategies, methods, development, access and implementation.
- Designs and develops compliance standards and training programs, including management of staff and outside vendors.
- Delivers training as necessary.
- Partners regularly with cross-functional stakeholders. Builds/maintains effective relationships to work collaboratively across all business units.
- Readily assesses and resolves issues, escalating when appropriate.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
Reports to Director, OEC Standards, Training and EED&I. Assigned matters have significant impact to company ethics & compliance program. Operates with autonomy.
Works with Business Technology Solutions, HR, Legal and other support functions to better serve customers. Develops and leads presentations to stakeholders and leadership as needed. Collaborates with other functional training professionals to ensure a consistent training message. Promotes best standards and training practices at a corporate level.
KEY LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns quickly, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- BS/BA required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs, and finance. Preference for experience in the field of adult learning.
- Experience providing compliance support and/or developing standards and training materials in pharma/biopharma or medical device industry.
- Strategic thinking & business planning skills, necessary to diagnose needs, develop, direct, and influence the development strategies.
- Project management experience, managing cross-functional teams and/or external partners through large projects or initiatives.
- Knowledge of instructional design systems is a plus but not required.
- Experience developing and implementing D&I programs, education or training is a plus but not required. Passion for advancing EED&I is required.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.